Monday, September 26, 2011

Against Columbus Day


  In my group we decided against Columbus Day. I absolutely agree with this decision. Even though we get a day off of school, we look wrong as a country. My group decided to come up with another holiday. This way we will look better as a country and also get a day off.

  If were to celebrate the Native Americans, well then we would be truly celebrating the group of people who discovered The United States. Their ancestors walked for thousands of years to get to America just to have Columbus come and take credit as if nothing happened. This is what Columbus Day symbolizes and that is why my group and I decided that we should drop Columbus Day and replace it with Native American Day. On this day we will celebrate and give recognition to the Native Americans the same way we have to Columbus.


No comments:

Post a Comment